TAC's 4th National Congress takes place from 14 to 16 March at the Birchwood Conference Centre in Johannesburg. Here is the programme.
LATE BREAKING NEWS:
14-16th March 2008 – Birchwood, Johannesburg
Co-Chairpersons: Zackie Achmat and Lihle Dlamini
19h00 Opening and welcome
19h15 South African Council of Churches
19h30 Keynote address: Dr Zweli Mkhize ANC NEC (Confirmed)
20h00 TAC Video: 1998—2008
20h30 Award: Nozizwe Madlala-Routledge & Messages of Support
Co-chairpersons: Reverend Teboho Klaas and Vuyiseka Dubula
08h30 Address by Deputy-President Phumzile Mlambo-Ncguka (Invited)
Chairperson of the South African National AIDS Council
09h00 Address Minister of Health, Manto Tshabalala-Msimang (Invited)
A Health Human Resources Plan to Implement the NSP 2007-11
09h30 Secretariat Report by Chair and discussion: Saving Lives: HIV/AIDS and TAC work since the 3rd National Congress and TAC Vision – 2018
Chair’s report: 35 minutes
Discussion: 70 minutes
11h00 Morning tea
11h30 Treasurer’s Report: 45 mins
Discussion: 30 mins
Co-Chairpersons: Theo Steele and Mashudu Mfomande
13h30-1430 Provincial Reports
14h30–15h15 The Elexions Agency: explanation of election process
15h30-16h15 SAVING LIVES: IMPLEMENTING THE NSP AND TAC TASKS (Mark Heywood – SANAC Deputy-Chairperson and Vuyiseka Dubula -- SANAC PLWHA Representative)
16h30-1830 COMMISSIONS: MOBILISE COMMUNITIES TO SAVE LIVES
1. Community mobilisation to prevent HIV infection: 100% District PMTCT coverage; male and female condom scale-up; male circumcision and marginalised communities.
Facilitators: Phillip Mokoena and Nosisa Mhlathi
Rapporteurs: Vuyokazi Matiso and Solly Mlambo
2. The Imperative of Task-Shifting: District Health Human Resources for 1.5 million people on ARVs and the prevention, treatment and cure of TB.
Facilitators: Nathan Geffen and Mpumi Mantangana
Rapporteurs: Patricia Maditse and JulianSturgeon
3. Women’s Health: preventing, diagnosing and treating HPV – A model district plan
Facilitators: Nkhensani Mavasa and Johanna Ncala
Rapporteurs: Noloyiso Nthamehlo, Thuli Manikela and Adam Malapa
4. Gender-based violence: Health and Justice for Rape Survivors – A model district plan
Facilitators: Nomfundo Eland, Nozizwe Madlala-Routledge and Lesley Odendal
Rapporteurs: Monalisa Ngqisha and Bheki Khoza
5. Making SANAC, Provincial, District and Local AIDS Councils work with Real Plans and Targets
Facilitators: Nonkosi Khumalo and Gordon Mthembu
Rapporteurs: Andrew Warlick and Portia Ngcaba
6. International Solidarity: Health and Democracy for Zimbabwe – from District Campaign to Global Mobilisation.
Facilitators: Regis Mtutu and Moses Makhomisani
Rapporteurs: Fatima Hassan and Ntombozuko Kraai
7. Governance, Leadership and Management from TAC branch and District to National Level: Systems to save lives; serve communities; and build an open, accountable, ethical and efficient TAC.
Facilitators: Zackie Achmat and Mandla Majola
Rapporteurs: Sindiswa Witbooi and Lefa Thlame
NOMINATIONS WILL CLOSE AT 18H00. ANY ADDITIONAL NOMINATIONS MUST BE FORWARDED TO THE INDEPENDENT ELECTORAL AUTHORITIES BEFORE THAT TIME.
Co-chairs: Phillip Mokoena and Ntombozuko Kraai
08h30 COMMISSION REPORT-BACKS AND RESOLUTIONS
1315 Address: Zwelinzima Vavi (Cosatu)
1345 Election results, closing speeches and vote of thanks new chairperson and general-secretary.
1415 Press conference