The Treatment Action Campaign (TAC) engages in monitoring, advocacy and access to quality comprehensive prevention, treatment, care and support services to live a healthy life.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION MANAGER
Main Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of this position is to provide monitoring and evaluation information to fulfil the requirements of the TAC programmes and donors.
To provide up-to-date and accurate information on the reach, impact and reflections of TAC programme. This involves a review of the current systems in place, and a proposal on how to move forward. Additionally, to ensure the M&E systems in place capture not only information relevant to the donors reporting requirements, but also to TAC as an organization.
KRA1: Develop and implement and monitoring and evaluation plan for the outcomes of the organization,
- This includes designing and implementing evaluation research projects, both qualitative and quantitative
relevant to showing baseline and impact of organizational programme.
- To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way.
- To analyze and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data.
KRA2: Implement a monitoring system to measure the reach of the organization including treatment literacy training and advocacy work.
KRA3: Share learning from M&E process with the wider team.
KRA4: Support partners in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in their projects;
- Promote culture of two way learning within the organization.
- Manage data collection and analysis from the following programme;
- Prevention and Treatment Literacy trainings
- Building Local Activism work (branch events related work)
- Organizational advocacy work.
- NSP and accountability work
KRA5: Assist the Donor Liaising person in reporting to the organizational donor community.
KRA6: Participate actively in programme planning process and budgeting of the programme quality and fundraising and resources mobilisation unit.
KRA7: Draw reports from information gathered and make inferences.
· Advanced degree in health related or development field with formal training in epidemiology and/or
advanced degree in social science or public health with an understanding pf collection and use of statistical data.
· Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Statistical competence and sound knowledge of a statistical software package (e.g STATA)
· Minimum of 3 years research experience
· Experience in M&E in fieldworker settings
· Experience in data collection analysis from a multi-site project
· Experience working in the NGO sector
· Excellent planning, budgeting and reporting skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Good command of the English language
· Demonstrate leadership and management capability
· Ability to work under limited supervision
· Good working knowledge of donor funded procedures and policies
· Post-graduate qualification in development related studies
· Understanding of the South African development sector and challenges
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities under pressure
· Ability to manage cross-cutting projects with diverse teams
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Experience of working on, and understanding of HIV/AIDS and community settings
· Ability to work independently, think analytically, and to solve problems
The closing date for applications is close of business, Monday, 17 April 2017. Should you be interested please apply to email@example.com with a CV and cover letter.
Due to the volume of applications, should you not receive feedback within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.