Provincial Finance Administrator- KZN Office
TAC seeks to appoint a Provincial Finance Administrator to be based in Pietermaritzburg (KZN)
Start date: As soon as possible
The Provincial Finance Administrator is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of expenditure, and variance expenditure reports, in line with the execution of TAC’s strategy, provincial budgets, periodical work-plans, and TAC’s financial policies and practices. This role must ensure that TAC’s funds are administered correctly (and accounted for) at both the National and Provincial level in line with all donor requirements.
- Ensure that TAC’s Financial and Procurement Policies are followed
- Verify the accuracy of requests/invoices prior to submitting to finance department.
- Maintain fixed asset register for the province
- Ensure all disbursement forms and supporting documents are completed, signed and submitted to National office for payments
- Ensure all claims and payments are aligned to a provincial budget and coding
- Ensure all files and records are ready for ad-hoc auditing purpose
- Ensure efficient and secure filing system bills, invoices, TAC documents, photocopying and other correspondences
- Attend to incoming faxes, telephone calls, forward to the relevant individuals and action queries
- Assist provincial staff in the organization of marches, pickets, protest, treatment literacy workshops and other activities
- Monitoring bills and ensuring they are paid timeously e.g. rent and telephone expenses
- Ensuring the IT network in the office is up and running, i.e. computers are working and staff and volunteers are able to dial up the Internet (liaise with IT Service provider).
- Maintain petty cash records
- Ensure efficient and effective running of the office
Monitoring and evaluation
- Capture membership details, verification and distribution of membership cards.
- Liaise with the Provincial Manager and Trainer in detailing the M&E training needs
- Matric certificate
- Diploma in Office Administration or Business management
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in bookkeeping/finance would be advantageous
- Excellent numerical skills
- Experience in working in the NGO sector
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and excellent knowledge of Excel spreadsheet
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in local languages and English
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
The closing date for applications is 23 February 2018.
To apply, please send an application letter and CV to email@example.com.
Should you not receive feedback within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.