Vacancy: District Organiser – Mpumalanga
The Treatment Action Campaign (TAC) engages in monitoring, advocacy and access to quality comprehensive prevention, treatment, care and support services to live a healthy life.
TAC seeks to appoint a District Organiser, based in Mpumalanga
To support all TAC branches in Mpumalanga
- Support Community Advocates to consolidate staff work plans on a monthly basis.
- Develop quarterly branch activity plans that aligns to the provincial strategic work plan with the assistance from Community Advocates and BOB’s.
- Ensure that Community Advocates and branches receive timely feedback and appropriate approval of plans.
- Develop activity and branch accreditation reports, and share with the Provincial Manager monthly.
- Facilitate the formation of District Chairpersons forum
- Assist Community Advocates to plan, organise TAC campaigns and events at the district and provincial level in collaboration with the POBs and Provincial Manager.
- Develop database for all stakeholders including media and share with both governance and operational heads.
- Ensure that the activity budget is well developed and resources are spent effectively with the assistance of the Provincial Finance Administrator
- Ensure that effective systems are established for branches to receive funds on time
- Ensure that branches monitor, evaluate and report on the state of local clinics and health facilities
- Ensure that data is collected, analysed, reflected on and learning is taking place on a quarterly basis.
- Address problems and challenges at branch level in connection with resource allocation, training at branch level
- Ensure that Community Advocates adhere to the policies and procedures of TAC with assistance of the Provincial Manager.
- Matric certificate is essential
- Applicant to reside in Mpumalanga is a requirement
- Applicant to be a member of a TAC branch
- Applicant should be willing to travel to all our locations (branches)
- A valid driver’s license will be an advantage
- Excellent verbal communication, proficiency in two or more local languages and English is a requirement
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet)
- At least (5) five years’ experience in an NGO sector
- Minimum of two years general management and team supervision
- Experience and knowledge of the Mpumalanga health system
- Programme management experience, managing multi-disciplinary teams is necessary, as well as experience in supporting learning & development
- Experience of the HIV & AIDS, MSM and LBGTI sectors or development sector is necessary,
- Experience and understanding organisational leadership: purpose, mission, ethics, governance, and strategy implementation.
- Experience in working with teams, managing conflict, skilled negotiator, confident in handling new tasks and attention to details
- Experience in supervising staff operating multiple services and programs across a broad geography (vast areas) and able to work under tight deadlines
The closing date for applications is close of business, 30 JULY 2018. Should you be interested to apply, please send your cover letter, detailed CV, copy of a valid driver’s license, a copy of a certified matric certificate and copy of other qualifications obtained by e-mail to email@example.com.
This is a re-advertisement, people who have applied before do not have to re-apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Treatment Action Campaign is guided by principles of employment equity; women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.