Common questions about HIV
Our comrades at HIV i-Base receive many questions from people living with HIV in South Africa. Click on the questions below to find the answers…
- I am pregnant. When do I start taking ARVs?
- Are generics the same as brand-name drugs?
- How can I increase my CD4 count without ARVs?
- Will “immune boosters” help my CD4 count?
- Is it safe to take alcohol with my HIV medication?
- How can I be negative when my partner is positive?
- I am a positive woman, can I have a baby?
- I am a positive man, can I have a baby?
- Why do I have pain and tingling in my hands and feet?
- My body shape has changed – Body changes (lipodystrophy) FAQs
Please follow this link for more questions from South Africa
If your question is not answered here, you can call TAC to ask on 011 100 4721 or ask your question online and we will be happy to answer it.